June 28, 2011

Oh là là! C'est Magnifique!

Many moons ago I had the pleasure of spending time with extended family in Santa Barbara – the town that bills itself as The American Riviera.

Knowing both the French and Italian versions, I was skeptical about the comparison. Although I had been here before on quick day trips from L.A., I could not recall anything resembling a riviera.

Anyway ... in addition to spending cherished quality time I had a lot of free time to explore the town. Left to my own devices in a new place, I can while away the hours forever. Exploring I did and fell for the place, as they say, ‘hook, line and sinker’.

Forty years on, ‘Auntie’ has decided to give her place a makeover and to my delight, she has entrusted me with the project…lucky me

old postcard hotel "El Encanto", Lasuen Road, Santa Barbara



Let me have color, except in the bedroom (I need my beauty rest)”...


...Your wish, our command, Auntie.