June 13, 2011

The Magic of the California Coast

Last year I received an invitation to spend a weekend at a beach house (the invitation turned out to be an indirect job interview) in Half Moon Bay, California an idyllic quiet spot south of San Francisco. Lured by the name, I drove there in early spring this year. I welcomed the chance to explore the area more, and when I saw the house, I fell in love with it. It sits isolated at the end of a long winding dirt road, beyond stretch green hills and the Pacific Ocean where you can hear the surf break and the tinkling of goat bells. Magic.

At the end of my stay I was ask if I would consider sprucing-up the beach house in time for my Hosts to celebrate their 25th. wedding anniversary. I was moved by this request and delighted to accept. I could not have been awarded a lovelier project and I wish them many more years of happiness.