January 7, 2015

DvH Design projects . . .



If I were asked to say what is at once the most important production of Art and the thing most to be longed for, I should answer, “a beautiful house”.  ~William Morris


It takes an open mind and an adventurous heart.

A teacher once taught me the single most important lesson about design -“cultivate the mind of a three year old.” To a three year old everything is new, and every day is an adventure.  An open mind is essential to good design.  Often clients come to me with ideas about what they should, or should not do. Once I have persuaded a client to clear their minds of these preconceptions our work together becomes more creative and fulfilling.


So my advice – as a favor to yourself - reject the common myths about interior design.
Be bold.
Think like a three-year-old.
Enjoy.





DvH 2015 01  Ireland (restoration)





DvH 2015 03  Lugano, Switzerland (upgrade)


No comments: